"I will also make you a LIGHT for the Gentiles, that you may CARRY my salvation to the ends of the earth" Isaiah 49:6

Sep 3, 2011

His Word will NEVER return Void!


         For anyone who didn't read my last post (Happy Birthday to Me) this is a follow up to it. I mentioned getting to go see a waterfall, monkeys, and attend a few church meetings, but what happened at the last part of the day is more amazing than any of those things could ever be. I feel so inadequate to do this story justice, please forgive me ahead of time!
          It had been a long day for all of us and we went straight up to our rooms to get to sleep as soon as possible. Except for Fred, who went to a little restaurant next to the hotel. (Fred is the missionary that started H.I.M) After getting some food Fred started talking with the man at the counter, and this man just started smiling. He said, “I bet you don't remember me, but I remember you.” Fred couldn't remember him so the man went on to explain- “I used to be a Hindu until two years ago you came to a restaurant down the road I was working at, and as you were paying the bill you looked at me said 'Just like I have to pay for this meal, you have to pay for your sins, but Jesus has already paid for them'.” Is that a miracle of God or what? You can only imagine all of our shock when Fred told us what happened. For him to run into the same man TWO YEARS later and find out that such a simple sentence as “Jesus has paid for your sin” turned this mans life around and resulted in him accepting Christ! Its moments like these that I can see God standing over us, smiling at our renewed shock of how amazingly unpredictable He is! We never know what God is doing with people around us everyday that we have touched and influenced even in such a small way as this. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” Isaiah 55:8-9
         From this story we can learn and be encouraged in such a huge way. How often do we share a simple sentence about the love of Jesus with one of the many lost people we pass by everyday? What are our reasons for NOT doing this? Is it fear of embarrassment or not knowing what to say? Is it because you're having a bad day and don't feel like interacting with someone that would be encouraged with just a smile? We as Christians are on the mission field everyday, everywhere we go. You don't have to go across the world to share with the person in front of you in line at the grocery store. We are around people that are lost everyday, so its so very important to MOMENT BY MOMENT DIE to SELF, pick up our cross and share Him with everyone we can! Just a smile or a simple sentence is all it takes! Look what God did with such a simple but profound statement as “Jesus paid for your sins.”?! It took the power of God to turn this Hindu's life around, but it took an obedient servant of God to plant the seed! Sometimes we think that what we do for Him goes no where, but His word will NEVER return void! “So is my word that goes forth from my mouth: it will not return to me empty BUT will accomplish WHAT I DESIRE and achieve the purpose for which I sent it!” Isaiah 55:11 “Our labor of the Lord is NEVER in vain!” 1 Cor. 15:58 So NEVER think that if you share a simple phrase of love that no seed has been planted! You may never see the fruits of your labor or you may see it two years down the road like Fred did. He has promised us in His word it WILL. NOT. BE. IN. VAIN.! For those of you struggling with loved ones that aren't saved, hang in there and keep praying, keep sharing those simple phrases of love, because God can not wait to do a MIGHTY WORK through them!
     “The WORD of GOD is LIVING and ACTIVE! SHARPER than any double- edged sword, It penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, amazing, faithful GOD! You are learning so much!!!! love and hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete