"I will also make you a LIGHT for the Gentiles, that you may CARRY my salvation to the ends of the earth" Isaiah 49:6

Jul 10, 2011

India wish list :)

Some of you have asked me if there is anything I need for this trip. Well I personally don't need anything but the orphanages in India we will be visiting would sure be happy to receive a few asked for/needed items!
The main need I would love to see God fill is one or two lap tops for the boys orphanage, which they are in desperate need for!  As long as the battery works well and its still in running condition for at least a few more years new or used we'll take it!
Also for the boys orphanage they were asking for medium sweaters and small blankets for the boys since it gets very cold during monsoon season. With the limited room i have I'm not really sure how many sweaters/ blankets i would be able to take but bring em on!
While I'm there I mentioned I will be teaching music at a girls orphanage. I would love to get as many flutes and violins as I can, and right now we have 0 flutes and one smaller sized violin. We already have a keyboard, but the more the merrier! Also any battery operated metronomes and foldable music stands, beginner flute and violin books would be greatly appreciated! I already had someone donate the first four piano beginner books! Praise the Lord our great provider!! Also they asked for socks and raincoats, and some girly things :) like necklaces, bracelets, hair clips, etc.
Also if you have any old DVDs laying around the house that are suitable for kids (veggietales/disney) that you would like to get rid of please let me know!!!
So if any of you reading this knows of anyone that would like to donate some of the items i mentioned or sell at a low price please let me know!!
Once again I can't stress enough that prayer is what we NEED most for this trip!
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you. For everyone who asks, receives; he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened" Matthew 7:7-8
In Him, Katie Tucker -The Daughter of a King-

5 comments:

  1. So can we also went you mail at:
    Heartland International Ministries
    Attention: Katie's India Trip
    PO Box 23
    Shawnee Mission, KS 66201-0023

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it to India. We are all very proud of you and the work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey so how is it? Dying to get an update? I know you are showering, right? Please wear deodrant even if they choose not to! I just think about the gym and the smell. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad is very happy to hear any news from his daughter! Keeping the garden watered for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing lots of good pictures Saint Katie! You are doing so much good work for the Lord. Many, many mansions will be waiting for you. Try and be careful of the Curry sauce they use. Very heavy on the stomach. And the peas they make are HOT!!!. Everything is hot for that matter. Just take little bites before eating a mouthful. LOL!

    ReplyDelete